Day #22: Burger
(100 Days Gratitude Challenge)
Do you like burgers? I do. And if the burger is from Eatalica or Pupil it’s worth dying for. You may think this is crass, unhealthy and I should not be promoting this. But we all have our weaknesses and this is one of mine.
Last night (Friday night) I happened to visit Eatalica in RA puram after a long time and ordered the double-decker burger Puff Daddy. I was straightaway transported to burger heaven with the first bite. It’s scrumptious, tasty, looks heavenly and downright sinfully pleasurable and is worth the drive and the money.
I know that this is called junk food and not healthy after a certain age, which I, unfortunately, fall into. But the juicy, tasty, delicious burger does not know that so I need to do justice to it.
I’m grateful that I can have a burger and enjoy it. No doctor has told me yet to avoid this. So I’m game. And I’m waiting for the day when research shows up that burger and fries are healthy food that can be included in any person’s diet chart.
How can I afford to binge on a burger even now? I do not take aerated drinks. So Coke, Pepsi, and Fanta are not part of my shopping cart. I drink tea or coffee occasionally only and at home, I take it with brown sugar. I avoid fatty food and non-veg most days so when I have a craving I can indulge in it.
Overall if I’m able to maintain my intake of harmful substances I can choose which food to choose, And while eating I believe it is good for me and the healthy parts of it is good for me, the harmful parts get ejected without affecting me.
My belief or lack of it plays a huge role on the consequence of the actions I take. If I love my burger and believe and focus on all its good aspects, I’m going to imbibe the food and my body will absorb the good ingredients and reject the other elements.

So I can afford to have my burger and enjoy it too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday