Day #24: Cleaning (100 Days Gratitude Challenge)

Day #24: Cleaning
(100 Days Gratitude Challenge)
“Cleanliness is next to Godliness”. We learned this in school and it keeps resonating in my head when I’m faced with clutter and disorder. If clutter has grown over a period of months, then the weekend after I notice it would be a busy one where I declutter and try to bring order to the chaos.
Cleaning up is a therapeutic experience. I notice things around me. What is needed? What has outlived its purpose? What has been with me for long but has never or seldom been used? All of these are examined and decisions taken to retain, give away or reassign to a different place. The whole process is interesting. Emotions well up when I need to throw away something that I used to like in the past.
In my numerous bouts of cleaning I’ve given away clothes, shoes, books (yes, books), electronic / household items, furniture, and various odds and ends.
Notice when you are going through the following emotions or states and take up a cleaning project. It will restore you to your cheerful self very soon.
1.       When you are feeling down and out.
2.       When you are angry
3.       When you are confused
4.       When you feel unproductive
5.       When your energy seems down for a prolonged time
6.       When there are allergies dogging you or your family
7.       When you’ve eaten too much and feel lethargic
Cleaning up your surroundings helps build positive chi. It washes away negative influences and allows the positive influences to flow in. Declutter your life and discover the inner you shining through strong and powerful.
I’m grateful for the cleaning that I’m doing in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday