Day #28: Running (100 Days Gratitude Challenge)

Day #28: Running
100 Days Gratitude Challenge
2 days of gorging on sweets and savouries I’m still feeling a little heavy and drowsy from all that eating. Diwali and Christmas are festivals where I let myself go on sweets and savouries.  This year I decided that I shall start my running again so I can stay fit. So two days back I resumed my early morning runs. Only this time I’ve started with walking first. It’s more than 2 years since I stopped regular running and I need to get myself back into running shape.
On Wednesday I did a 5-km walk. 2 kms with Alfie and 3 kms on my own. Yesterday, Thursday, I did the same but this time I ran part of the distance. The feeling of the fresh morning air, the sound of the birds, the green landscape around me and the colours of the rising sun as dawn breaks are heady and I don’t know how I gave it a miss for over 2 years. Running is addictive. And I love it. I’m grateful for running, in just 2 days, I feel lighter and fitter.
I’ve signed up for the Wipro marathon and I plan to start again with 10 kms this year. In the next 1 year, I hope to graduate to half marathon (21 kms). This will ensure that I continue this habit of running for 4 days a week. God has created us to run. Our ancestors were runners first and then hunters. First, they ran away from carnivores and then they learned to run towards them and hunt them. Desk jobs just suck away our ability to be active. The early morning run gives me the juice for the day. It keeps my body firing through the day and I can feel my cells are warmed up and ready for action.
My mind is sharper. I sit straighter and I can make decisions better. Deciding to wake up half an hour earlier and including a run in my schedule is the best decision I can take. It allows me to be smarter and take better quality decisions all day through.
If you don’t understand what I’m saying then it’s time for you to set your alarm half an hour earlier, keep your running shoes next to your bed and step into it as soon as you wake up tomorrow. First, learn to enjoy the outdoors by walking in a beautiful surrounding and then slowly your body will push you to jog and then run.

I’m grateful for my love of running. It’s one of the best things to happen to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday