Day #56: Music (100 days gratitude challenge)

Day #56: Music
(100 days gratitude challenge)
I love music. It has the power to move me and bring tears to my eyes. Today’s Saregama program was fantabulous. They celebrated judge Srinivas’s birthday and the performance the group put up for him was truly fabulous. I don’t normally listen to Tamil music but these competitions bring out some amazing talent and I am riveted while watching them. God has truly blessed these people who can sing and move their listeners to tears.
I have several friends who have introduced me to various groups and albums and these have been faithful companions who have walked along with me through some major events in my life. I always wondered how lucky it would be to be able to sing so well that the audience is moved. Unfortunately I must confess that when I sing, I’m able to move the audience too, but out of the room.
God has not blessed me with the voice that can launch a 1000 ships or enthral someone to fall into my arms. And I’m envious of those who have the ability.
But I’m also grateful for their talent and their ability to strike a chord in me.
I’m grateful to music and all the great musicians who are the blessed children of God put on this earth to kindle our soul and lift our spirits to the heavens.

Thank you dear music for enlivening my life with your enchanting words, tones, tunes and beats.
Life is not worth living if you were not in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday