Facing challenges

Have you noticed that when we face challenges there are just one of two responses that we usually take - Fight or Flee?
When we fight something, we either become stronger or weaker depending on how we think the fight went. But whatever the outcome, we are better prepared when the next challenge shows up. However, when we flee from something, we most often become weaker and have a diminished ability to face the next challenge.
So facing a challenge and responding in the right manner is the only way for us to become stronger and better prepared for larger challenges in life.
I notice that when I avoid a confrontation and try to hide from it, it eats me up and eventually makes me feel lesser and spills into all the other aspects of my life. But if I grit my teeth and push myself to face it head on, then I get over the mental block of facing it and feel a sense of freedom and elation.
Why am I discussing this with you today? Because I had one such challenge today and realized that I still had a large dose of cowardice that propels me to avoid the unpleasantness and flee from the situation. It took enormous effort to get me to do the right thing and face the situation head on. But once done, the feeling of accomplishment is so high that I wonder how I tried to avoid and run.
I wish you would look at your own reactions next time you are trying to run away from an unpleasant situation. If you are fleeing from it, take a moment to check yourself and see how you can face it and overcome it. The side effect is enormous confidence and happiness.
Wish you a happy, assertive and confident life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday