Thank you very much

How do you feel when you receive these words "Thank you very much"?
How do you feel when you say "Thank you"?

When I say this to a close friend, more often than not, I'm told "don't distance me by thanking me". "Can't I do this also for you?" "Why are you treating me so formally?" etc. It's almost like I'm demeaning them by thanking them. But when I was young I was taught to thank anyone who does something good for me. Please, Thank you, and Sorry are meant to be used often and generously. I even say this to my mother, siblings, wife and kids. So why can't I say this to my friends?
Many people are uncomfortable with these three phrases. They do not want to hear it. Nor do they want to say it, except under extreme duress. I wonder why. I am very happy to have someone thank me or say please or say sorry. It oils our daily interactions and makes it easy to deal with each other.
In fact, when someone thanks me after reading my blog, it makes my day and adds a smile and a spring to my step when I sit down to write the next piece. :)
Today I've decided to take up the Gratitude Challenge.
We're entering the last 100 days of this year tomorrow (23rd September). Every day I'm going to post at least one gratitude
I will be grateful if you are able to post one of your own on my blog or on FB. This will unblock our reluctance to thank and be thanked and open up an outpouring of abundance in our life.
Go for it, what else do you have to lose, except just two words.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday