Day #23: Graphic Design (100 Days Gratitude Challenge)

Day #23: Graphic Design
(100 Days Gratitude Challenge)
“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” Confucius,
This is a much quoted and often abused piece of advice that you may have heard a million times. But a lucky few of you may be in a career or business that seems like play and you may be wondering why you are getting paid for something you would do for free.
I’ve had over 3 decades of work experience and I’ve been in different jobs or businesses at different times in my life. Lately, I’ve noticed that all that I’ve done in the past has prepared me for what I am doing today. All the knocks, the experiences, the victories, the failures, the grind, the learnings and the midnight oil have all prepared me for my present moment.
When I design for a client, this enormous experience sits lightly on my shoulder and the creative juices just flow through effortlessly to manifest wonderfully on my drawing board or the computer screen. When I’m in the zone designing a logo feels like child’s play. My work connects me to our Creator and I just carry out his instructions to direct the mouse or the keyboard move on its own and churn out the finished work.
I’m grateful that I’ve been given this opportunity to work for my client’s brands and develop their look and feel or communications to help their business grow to the next level. This work I do best in silence, undisturbed, sometimes in front of the TV and the work gets done on its own with the help of His direction.
I’m grateful that I feel connected to the Universal Consciousness and tap into its infinite knowledge and potential to create the designs required for my clients. Work has become play and play is my work. I play with words and images to create powerful communications for my clients.

I’m grateful to them for entrusting me with their brands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday