100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #1

2017 is drawing to a close. 100 more days to go. :) :) :)
100 days where I'm planning to celebrate gratitude every day.
I have done 30 days of gratitude in December... several years ago and it was tough completing it towards the end.
End of last year it was 50 days of gratitude and it was even tougher trying to find things that I was grateful for.
This year I'm going for 100 days.... I don't know how I am going to complete it, but I'm starting the journey today. And with your help, it will propel me to complete it.
I'm grateful for the books that I have read in my life. As a kid, I loved reading. Every moment that I could, I had a book at hand. Even when I was supposed to be studying, there would be a storybook between the textbook. Sometimes!!! Pssst... actually many times.
From Enid Blyton to PG Wodehouse to Agatha Christie to ........ the list is endless. All these authors were my friends, my confidantes, my besties. They shaped my thinking and my life.
The teachers in school who inculcated the love of reading and the love for vocabulary. What happened to such teachers today? No one seems to love a good read anymore. Life is too fast to slow down with a book.
The early habits blossomed into a full-blown love affair and my home is filled with books. Not as much as I would love to have, but far more than my spouse can put up with.
Today I read books on zillions of topics. Fiction, non fiction, humour, suspense, detective, westerns, love, hate, philosophy, spiritual, self-help, historical, sci-fi, scientific, non-scientific, etc etc... I can go on for many pages...
Authors range from John Grisham, Georgette Heyer, JT Edson, Roald Dahl, Carl Sagan, Lyall Watson, Chinmayananda, JK, Kahlil Gibran, John Maxwell, Ayn Rand, Dick Francis, Shirley Macleane, to ........It's impossible to list the top ones let alone all those who made an impression
Books have made me who I am.I'm grateful to all the authors, the publishers and those who introduced me to these books. Without them, I'm not the Igy you know.
Thank you for the written word. It's far more powerful than the spoken ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exceptional Sunday

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water