100 Days Gratitude Challenge 2017 Day #9: Friends

100 Days Gratitude Challenge 2017
Day #9: Friends
Friend! This word evokes extremely mixed reactions depending on our mood and who we are thinking of when this word pops up. If we are thinking of someone who was close to us but later betrayed us, it evokes disgust, anger, and revulsion. If we are thinking of someone who is dear to us and is being good to us, then we are all smiles and bask in the warmth of this beautiful friendship. But whatever our current emotions to the friend, each friend has been good to us and have made us better people.
We think we chose our friends for a reason. But most times we are not aware of the reason or over a period of time, we discover more and more new reasons. We share our inner thoughts and secrets. We open our heart and home to them. They add zest, fun, and happiness in our life.
Yesterday was one such day with a bunch of friends. It was the birthday of a good friend and we had organised a party for him. It was a pleasure to see him grin from ear to ear as each person trooped in over the course of the evening. He and his wife, who incidentally was just now being introduced to many members of this group, were literally in Cloud 9 to see the turnout for this evening.
After many years I was back on a midnight bash at a pub and the evening flew so fast that I forgot that I do not do this anymore. I took to it like a fish to water and it was made easy by the presence of so many friends and their spouse who I now know for several years since they are part of my BNI chapter. Our laughter and voices filled the room and it was a miracle that we could even hear each other over the din.
When we are with friends we forget about ourselves, we forget about our concerns or worries and we forget time too. Before we knew it, the club was closing and the party had to spill out to Bessie Beach. So by midnight, we were able to wish him on the road along the beach before we each split back to our place.

I’m grateful to the friends in my life. Each has added something special to my life and I would not be me without them. And I look forward to making more new ones and add more colour and zest to my life.
Photos of the bash: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1865599210121085&set=pcb.1865599890121017&type=3&theater




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday