Day #9: 100 Days Gratitude Challenge 2017

Day #9: 100 Days Gratitude Challenge 2017
I wracked my mind this morning on what I should write about and I came up blank. It is just Day 9 and I’m wondering what to speak about. What happened yesterday that was noteworthy enough to talk to you about. What can I give gratitude to today?
However, I decided to take the baby steps and start today’s post. So here I am without the foggiest idea on what to write and the article is unfolding itself as I type. Doesn’t our life happen that way many a time? There are days when we don’t know what we are going to do when we wake up in the morning. We don’t know what we’re going to do when we reach office. We decided to go with the flow and before we know it other people are holding our string and making us dance to their tune. Have you had this experience before?
Going with the flow is fine for a stream that is going to find its lowest level. For someone who has got their sights to the stars and is hoping to at least reach the moon, it is important to fight gravity and go against the flow so you could soar. If you have aspirations to become someone significant, if you want to have more abundant results or resources – financial, physical, relationships, etc., you need to fight the lethargy and the laziness and go against the tide to create opportunities that could help you achieve your dream.
I’m grateful that I have the ability to take on my lethargy and fears and go against them to achieve significant shifts in my life. Even a simple challenge as writing a gratitude blog for 100 consecutive days is a big big step towards shifting my life. It teaches me discipline, it teaches me consistency, it teaches me to stay on course, it teaches me to dig deeper and find more and more things that need to be acknowledged and thanked. I’m grateful for this ability to stay the course and see the thing through till the end.
It’s an ability that the current generation needs to learn. Years of channel surfing, games hopping and addiction to the reset button have taken away their ability to stay the course. Their attention span has got shorter and shorter, that 'leaving what they are doing now' and 'jumping to the next', is considered normal and even smart.
When you make a promise to yourself*, keep it. It develops your own self-confidence and self-belief. Do not give up till you have given a 100%, nay, a 150%. Your life will seldom have any regrets if you adopt this habit.


*Foot note:
This is assuming your promise to yourself is aligned with your higher purpose and/or your inner view of who you are. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday