The man who sold his Honda City

I've been promoted to become the 'Man who sold his Honda city"

This was an emotional decision because I was not planning to buy another car for now. Friends and family are perplexed that without deciding on the next car I'm selling this one.
"What are you going to do?". :
"No car? How will you manage?"

I tell them I'm not buying any car for now and they are perplexed and not sure what to say next. Some may wonder is he hiding something. Probably he doesn't want to share the real reason.Some may be wondering is this guy broke? Should I ask him? But most of them are unable to digest the fact that one can live quiet comfortably without owning a car.

Today we have so many options. Uber. Ola, Taxi. Auto. Zoomcars, Carpool, Bus, metro, my legs, etc etc And I'm going to be spending less than half the amount (TCO-total cost of ownership of car) with chauffered comfort too. I'm already enjoying the new found freedom because I've been checking out how it is for the last few months and then finally took the decision to sell and be free.

I'm now getting a new sense of freedom and excitement. I don't have to worry about so many things that I used to, anymore.

  • Do I take the car today or carpool?
  • Will I get parking?
  • Will someone scratch or dent my car today?
  • Hope nobody cuts in front of me and ruins my day.
  • Hope my car doesn't get caught in the floods and lose more value when we sell it.
  • Is the Car service company cheating me?

I'm sure if you are a contrarian you will be thinking that the above questions will be replaced by a new set of questions.

  • Will he get a car when he needs it urgently?
  • Will he be burning money by taking cabs all the time?
  • Will his clients take him seriously without a snazzy car to show off?
  • What if he wants to take his dog with him?
Well I've got answers for all of them and very comfortable with the answers so the 2 month trial period before taking the decisions.


The real reason, I want to retire some old debt. Clean up and get ready for the next phase of growth. I'm excited that I'm no more a prisoner of emotions and other people's opinions. I feel good that I'm able to let go of attachment, ego and status quo. I feel good that I'm embracing a new way of thinking and willing to take the risk of ridicule and criticism.

I wish all of you the strength to work against the tide and take decisions that will make you stronger and more powerful and be really useful for you, rather than be caught up in the web of other people's opinions.



Comments

  1. You can actually do more work in car when someone is driving. One Entrepreneur whom I met last week in Kuala Lumpur did the same because he wanted to explore himself out. He is super happy and become more productive.

    Good Luck Igy for the new growth in life.

    Murali Sundaram, Happyness Coach
    www.HappynessCoach.co.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Murali.... yes it is very liberating and gives time for more work to be done

      Delete
  2. Dear Iggy, That surely is a vibrant decision. Happy growing phase to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday