Day #40: Living on the 20th floor (100 days Gratitude Challenge)

Day #40:     Living on the 20th floor
(100 days Gratitude Challenge)
I live on the 20th floor of a building. The view from the balcony is breathtaking (when you pay attention to it). We’re able to see for miles around us – fields, buildings, ponds, lakes, the sea in the far horizon and clouds everywhere.  I’ve always wanted to live in the clouds and this flat is a God-send. I can see birds flying below me there are also the occasional clouds that waft by below us. I believe that we should either live in an independent house with a lush garden or live in a floor high above where the air is pure and the vision is unhindered.
I’ve always liked to get a window seat in a flight so I can see the land far below and see vehicles and people scurrying about like ants. I’ve been fascinated by the change in perspective as we climb higher. The same landscape can change significantly when the altitude or perspective changes. It’s a bit like how we feel when we are in school and in just a few years when we move to college our perspective of the school changes drastically.
As we grow older, as we change our life position, our understanding and experience changes and evolves and we can experience it with different emotions than when we first did. That is the beauty of life. Our memories are dynamic and changing. We can choose to adopt positive memories over negative ones. Time and distance heals everything. When you feel confined, depressed or limited, just go out into the world preferably to nature and see how your emotional state expands and feels light.
There is nothing in the world that is permanent. Everything passes. Enjoy the passage and live in the moment.
I’m grateful for the view from the 20th floor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday