Day 46: shaving (100 days of gratitude)

Today, I shaved after a week of being in bed. The fever and cold have moved on and it was time i moved out of bed and into the world. So it marked the end of an era and start of a new one for me. It's been many many years since I've been ill and in bed for this long. Along with the fuzz on my face a lot of fuss in my head was also getting cleared out. This week's rest had put an halt to the incessant chatter in the head and given the brain and the body the rest it deserves. So now it was a blank slate and I could choose to write anything I  chose.
Just when my face was getting all itchy and untidy, I'd decided to shave and the process is therapeutic. The fuzz is removed from the face and flushed down the washbasin along with the illness and the weakness that had dogged me for the last week.
I'm grateful for the process of shaving for it cleanses more than just my face.
Some people do it daily once and a few pros do it more than once a day.
I don't know whether too much of a good thing is a good thing? But if it works for them so be it.
For me three times a week works very well. It's a compromise between my ideal of shaving just once a week to the business world's demands of me shaving daily. So its a very comfortable middle place that I'm able to get away because of the Creative Space in which I work.
07 November 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday