Day #51: My kidneys (100 days gratitude challenge)

Day #51: My kidneys (100 days gratitude challenge)

Have you heard the term, “He drank himself to death”? Why does that happen? When we load unhealthy drink or food in our system, our organs have to find a way to get rid of this poison. How does it do that? Our kidneys and our liver are at the forefront of this struggle to rid ourselves of the poison that is ingested into our system. Alcohol, fizzy beverages such as Coke and Pepsi, refined foods and drinks and food and drinks with preservatives are all very harmful to our body. So our organs have to work extra hard to ensure that the toxins are removed. However, there is only so much capacity that it has each day and when the load is too much the organs get destroyed little by little till it finally gives up its struggle.

We need to be aware of how our body works. It’s our only hope against disease, weakness, and despair. If we ignore it, or worse still abuse it, the time for recovery gets longer and longer and may ultimately fail.

I’m grateful for my kidneys as they toil tirelessly through the day and night. They remove waste products and excess fluids from my body. They clean out the toxins found in the food I intake and ensure that it doesn’t pollute my bloodstream. They regulate my blood pressure and my acid-alkaline balance of my body. I do not have to be conscious of its processes. But it does its work, protects me and keeps me healthy.  They are my true friends because they don’t create a song and dance to show that they are doing their work. They just do it.

The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist. They are located just below the rib cage, one on each side of the spine. Every day, the two kidneys filter about 110 to 140 litres of blood to produce about 1 to 2 litres of urine, composed of wastes and extra fluid.
Our Creator has designed this body in such a way that it maintains a delicate balance in spite of our inability to maintain healthy habits. Now Man is becoming a Creator by designing an artificial kidney that is designed to work for those who have renal failure and are on dialysis support.


https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/artificial-kidney-may-hit-market-by-end-of-decade/articleshow/56801777.cms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday