Day 54: 100 day gratitude challenge

I'm grateful for large families. There is something endearing about larger families. My parents had 6 children and today we're 20+ . My mom had 9 siblings who survived. My dad had 5 siblings. So family get-togethers were always a gala affair. There is a lot of reminiscing. Memories are dredged up and ruminated over. Arguments are frequent and passionate.
It's always a cacaphony of voices and emotions when the family meets.
Today was one such day. My wife's father's siblings and kids were here in town and a large group gathered to celebrate. Their family is also large and scattered across the globe. So when one or more land up it's a cause for celebration.
In today's age face to face meetings are rare. But when it does happen it's a riot.
I love these get together. I'm grateful for these meet ups
Thank you for my large families. Own and acquired.
They are rare and to be treasured.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #96: Rituals (100 day gratitude challenge)

100 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day #2 Gratitude to all the people who provide me food and water

Exceptional Sunday